Last updated: Mar 31, 2023 10:10 AM
What information we collect, how we use it, what happens if we don’t have it, and the legal basis for processing this information
We collect any and all information that you enter on this Website. We collect the following information about you:
|Category of information||Specific piece of information||Legal basis for processing this information||How we use this information||What happens if we don’t have this information|
|Identifying information||Name||The user has provided consent to the processing of their information.||Marketing and advertising; Performing services; Processing or fulfilling orders or transactions; Processing payments; Providing customer service; Verifying customer information.||Our use of your data for marketing and advertising will not be possible; Our use of your data for performing services will not be possible; Our use of your data for processing or fulfilling orders or transactions will not be possible; Our use of your data for processing payments will not be possible; Our use of your data for providing customer service will not be possible; Our use of your data for verifying customer information will not be possible.|
|Identifying information||Postal / Shipping address||The user has provided consent to the processing of their information.||Performing services.||Our use of your data for performing services will not be possible.|
With whom we share your personal information
We share the following personal information with the following categories of third parties:
|Category of personal information shared||Specific piece of personal information shared||Categories of third parties with whom personal information is/was shared|
|Identifying information||Name||Email marketing vendors; Government or law enforcement entities.|
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about you and your behaviors. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We retain all of the information that we collect until we are contacted and told by the student they no longer want us to store their information
We use the information that we collect about you for direct marketing purposes. Direct marketing is the act of selling products or services directly to consumers rather than through retailers. Residents of the European Union and/or the European Economic Area – You may, at any time, request that we cease to use your information for direct marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rights of European Union and/or the European Economic Area residents
Residents of the European Union and the European Economic Area have the following rights with regard to their personal information:
- The right to access your information. You have the right to access any information that we may have collected on you. You can request copies of the information that we have on you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Information transmission. You have the right to ask us to transmit your personal information that we have collected on you to another provider, where technically feasible.
- Rectification of information. You have the right to request that we amend any of the information that we have collected on you.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your data.
- You have a right to request that we delete all or some of the information that we have collected on you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, sharing and processing of data with competent authorities in the proper jurisdiction.
Children and privacy
Parents of children under 18 years of age can contact us at the address below if:
- They want to access the personal information of their child provided to the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons.
- They want to make changes to their personal information.
- They want us to remove certain information we have about their child.
- They want us to stop collecting any information regarding their child or they want us to delete any information collected about their child.
You must include your e-mail address and phone number along with your request. The Canadian Power and Sail Squadron will always verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child and to assure that the person is the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Exercising your rights
Residents of the European Union and the European Economic Area may exercise the rights specified above by submitting a consumer request to:
National Managing Director
26 Golden Gate Court, Toronto, ON
We will need to verify your identity prior to effectuating your request and may ask you to provide personal information to do so. We will respond to most consumer requests within 30 days of receipt. However, some requests may take longer. We will notify you in writing if we need more time to respond. We have the ability to deny your request(s) if certain exceptions in the law apply. If we do deny your request, we will provide you with the reasons for such denial.
Location of data processing
All data processing activities undertaken by us take place in Canada.
We plan to transfer data to Canada.